Sunday, February 2, 2014

A Breakthrough.....

WHAT AM I DOING TO HELP KIDS ACHIEVE?

HOW DO I KNOW WHEN THEY ARE THERE?

WHAT IS THE EVIDENCE?

     For almost a year now I have been writing about how to try to come up with a plan to get better.  I am taking another class in the Project TIMU program.  Just got a book written by Nancy Fichtman Dana and Diane Yendol-Hoppey called "The Reflective Educator's Guide to Classroom Research".  It is written with teacher's in mind.  It explains how to examine classroom research and perform classroom research.  It was written with teachers in mind.  It has five steps to try and get better.
1.  Context of Study - Describe the classroom and situation in detail.

2.  Wonderings and Purpose:  Is there a clear and purposeful question about my own practice and how it effects students?

3.  Research Design and Analysis - Did I look at multiple sources of data?  Are they logical and tied to student performance?

4.  Interpretation - What did I learn from the experience?  Does it enhance my learning and classroom practice?

5.  Implications for Practice - Do I put my new knowledge into practice?

I think this cycle is the key to not only examining other's research but also in leading mine.  I hope to put this into play for 2014-2015.  I will keep you posted....

No comments:

Post a Comment