Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Inquiry and Archimedes and Life...

WHAT AM I DOING TO HELP KIDS ACHIEVE?

HOW DO I KNOW WHEN THEY ARE THERE?

WHAT IS THE EVIDENCE?

Tough to read but bottom line...I gave kids a mass and said find the mass without a balance and then find the density.  They did it and found the percent error.  The best part is that students had to plan, then do, then confirm while the explained their plan and then find the percent error to get immediate feedback.  I felt this was helpful.  Even though they could talk to each other about their plan, they were never exactly sure until they got the confirming data.  They were forced defend their ideas and back it up with data.

I would reflect more about this, but this week my father-in-law passed away.  In many ways, he was like a second father to me.  Sometimes, life not only intervenes for our students, but for us as well...hopefully I will have more for you next week...

No comments:

Post a Comment