Sunday, April 12, 2015

How to See what the Metal is doing...

WHAT AM I DOING TO HELP KIDS ACHIEVE?

HOW DO I KNOW WHEN THEY ARE THERE?

WHAT IS THE EVIDENCE?

Image result for chunk of metal
     So here is the plan....for the most part, the ice lab went well.  Students did a good job of finding the heat of fusion of ice.  So here is the next challenge.  I told them that provided with certain materials, they must find the specific heat of a metal.  Tomorrow, we are going to go over their possible ideas and see if they can get data to find the specific heat of a metal.
heat pic.jpg
In Academic we are doing types of reactions, classifications and balancing. They are doing particulate models and the models are going better than the classification. That is the first time I have had this problem and it is a nice problem to have. I have been using the curriculum from the American Modeling Teachers Association and it is working well. It will be really interesting when I use Stephanie Kimberlin's TIMU activity for stoichiometry to see how it goes. I may also follow up with AMTA material. I'll keep you posted. I have decided the most important thing now is to keep plowing ahead no matter how crazy it gets during 4th q....

No comments:

Post a Comment