Monday, June 1, 2015

Rounding Third, Heading for Home....hopefully

WHAT AM I DOING TO HELP KIDS ACHIEVE?

HOW DO I KNOW WHEN THEY ARE THERE?

WHAT IS THE EVIDENCE?

 I know that I have not written lately. The end of the school year has been a grind. The above picture is the titration of mustard. The cool part of this lab is that the indicator and acid are in the mustard. A simple dropwise titration with a standardized base and you can figure out the percent by mass of acetic acid, vinegar, in mustard.
As cool as I think it might be, the it is a struggle when the students have checked out. Regardless, it does not mean that I won’t stop trying. So….what are some major ideas that I have learned that I hope to work on in an attempt to help students next year….
1. Technology - I am going to try to “flip” the classroom as much as possible. I will hope for the best but plan for the worst. With all of the testing and interruptions I think it would be easier to have the flipped classroom and then work with kids when they do show up instead of not having a backup plan and allowing the interruptions to derail the lesson.
2. Formative Assessment - It is still my hope and dream to develop an all in one SLO, formative assessment using technology that is efficient, effective and helpful. I think I can do this through google forms and a linked site with researched based activities.
Looks like it will be an interesting summer….I will keep you posted….


No comments:

Post a Comment