Sunday, September 13, 2015

A Quick Assessment with Google Forms and HTML 5

WHAT AM I DOING TO HELP KIDS ACHIEVE?

HOW DO I KNOW WHEN THEY ARE THERE?

WHAT IS THE EVIDENCE?


     We were in the middle of gas laws.  I wanted to do a quick assessment after some demos, labs and POGILs.  The Concord Consortium has a number of nice tools but it is a bit overwhelming.  I found out that if when you search their site, if you click on "browser-based" they will list all of their HTML-5 simulations and these play on almost anything.  They also have a "New Molecular Workbench".  I essentially converted one of their simulations, "What makes a Weather Balloon Pop" into a google form.  It was quick, fast and easy.  More importantly, when the student's took it I could quickly uncover a problem they were having...they seemed to be struggling with applying Boyle's Law.  I think I am going to try to incorporate more of these from time to time.  By the way, if you have not heard, Flubaroo is the absolute easiest way to grade anything in google forms with the click of a button.
     This week in science?  Hopefully I am going to try to an inquiry lab.  If you were provided a tube, a graduated cylinder and a metal cylinder, how would you find the density of the cylinder with out using a balance?  Find out if it worked...next week....

No comments:

Post a Comment