Sunday, April 21, 2013

Some times...you need to just keep going...

WHAT AM I DOING TO HELP KIDS ACHIEVE?

HOW DO I KNOW WHEN THEY ARE THERE?

WHAT IS THE EVIDENCE?

     I was going to compare this year to running the last few miles of a marathon.  However considering what has happened in Boston, I am sure anyone who experienced that truly horrific event would have much rather been in a class teaching kids.  My heart and prayers go out to them.  Having run a marathon, all I could do is cry when I heard the news.
     So how do we put one foot in front of another when we just feel like tossing in the towel.  I am not sure I have wisdom in this area.  The only thing that works for me is to try and take risks and have fun.  Sometimes it works and sometimes you get burned.
     We were doing Lewis dot structures.  It was a  beautiful day outside.  I was going to have the kids go to stations and put answers on dry erase boards.  I stole an idea from Mike Geyer who in turn stole this from twitter.  I bought some sidewalk chalk and we went outside and put the  answers on the sidewalk.  The kids liked it and I made sure to go around and check the answers.  Some got more out if it than others...kind of like throwing spaghetti on a fridge...some sticks and some does not.  I had some great questions and one or two goof balls.  At least it was worth a try.  Some days we just need to remind ourselves to keep moving forward when we get overwhelmed with everything else.  Here is the key.  Lewis Dot Structure Key.
     Remember to pray for Boston....

No comments:

Post a Comment