Sunday, September 22, 2013

Formative Instructional Practices....

WHAT AM I DOING TO HELP KIDS ACHIEVE?

HOW DO I KNOW WHEN THEY ARE THERE?

WHAT IS THE EVIDENCE?

     I never thought I would hear myself say this...I did the "Formative Instructional Practice" training required by the State of Ohio ODE.  It was actually pretty good.  If I can better learn how to do this I can be a better teacher.  Last week was a bit crazy..this week is brand new.  Here is what I am going to try.
      In accelerated we are working on a hard lab.  I am going to tell students, "We need to find the relationships between these variables" and then have them put post it notes on where they think they are...Good, Average, or kind of lost.  We will work in class and then review the post it notes.
     In Academic I am going to try a new activity where they will have to predict some masses and volumes.  We will work as a class and say, "What do you need to know to solve this problem?".  We will see how it goes....
     Sorry I do not have more to say..this week has been a blur and I am fighting to get back on track.

No comments:

Post a Comment