Sunday, September 15, 2013

What to do when school gets crazy.....

WHAT AM I DOING TO HELP KIDS ACHIEVE?

HOW DO I KNOW WHEN THEY ARE THERE?

WHAT IS THE EVIDENCE?

     Next week we are doing "MAP" testing and an early release day.  The schedule is going to be crazy every day and every bell.  Even after view it in a spreadsheet, it is still confusing.  Never wanting to throw in the towel, I decided something crazy...
     We are going to be doing a lab every day.  I have to believe that any student who sits for a few hours taking a test probably does not want to sit for a minute longer and listen to me (shocking...I know...).  We are going to be doing a week long inquiry type activity in both classes.  First, in Academic, we are going to work on density and then see if we can tell the difference between regular "Salt" and "Salt Sense".  The difference is actually pretty cool...I would tell you but I do not want to give it away.
     Second, we will be looking at copper, aluminum and steel BB's in Accelerated and then trying to figure out if the "mystery metal" is one of them.  I told the kids, if you are in class for 20 minutes or 2 hours, get er done....just like in real life.  I hope to have copies for you to see next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment