Monday, January 7, 2013

Moles - Take 2


Moles...Moles...and more Moles...

WHAT AM I DOING TO HELP KIDS ACHIEVE?

HOW DO I KNOW WHEN THEY ARE THERE?

WHAT IS THE EVIDENCE?


Just did a quick pre assessment with moles.  I put up the question, "What are moles and what do they have to do with chemistry?".  We had some minor exposure to the topic (mole day) but not much.  They had to write on a piece of paper something they knew about the topic and pass it along.  They could not write anything that had been written.  It helped me realize we are starting at ground zero.  We then found the amount of MM's in a container by comparing weights of known MM's and then started a POGIL on moles.  I think they are getting the "count by weighing" idea but will do the chained notes again at the end of the week.  Only one comment on counting atoms and several repeated answers on "measurements".

No comments:

Post a Comment