Thursday, February 7, 2013

Sometimes you have to punt...

WHAT AM I DOING TO HELP KIDS ACHIEVE?

HOW DO I KNOW WHEN THEY ARE THERE?

WHAT IS THE EVIDENCE?

     O.k...some of the kids did great on a quiz and some bombed it.  Do I keep going and say "To bad, so sad" or give them chance number 2 when they are juniors and should have gotten it on chance number 1?  My advice to anyone reading this...it depends on you and the kids.  I don't do this very often but I started half the class on a moles POGIL and the other half tried to fix the quizes they bombed.  It went well.  Not sure how to quantitatively describe it but kids in both groups started saying..."I think I am starting to get it".  They got some points back but not all missed points.  Most of the kids handled the situation well and were pretty grateful and worked hard.  It was one of those days that was not exactly in the lesson plan, but you do what you gotta do....

No comments:

Post a Comment