Sunday, October 13, 2013

Quick diagnostic tools and inquiry...

WHAT AM I DOING TO HELP KIDS ACHIEVE?

HOW DO I KNOW WHEN THEY ARE THERE?

WHAT IS THE EVIDENCE?

     Tried a couple of things this week.  First, I started using the "clicker" response system.  In one case I gave students a fast intro to scientific notation (pretty sure most of them have had it).  I then gave them a 7 question "quiz" over scientific notation.  If they got 100% then they did not have homework.  If they did not get 100%...then they had homework over scientific notation.  I would like to think it worked well...I think they go the idea.  I stole this idea from Mike Geyer.  I like the idea of getting quick data and adjusting instruction accordingly.
     I also used the clickers for a  homework check.  I pulled 5 questions from their homework.  I checked it by how they responded with the "clickers".  It was a quick fast way to check.
     The "salt sense" lab turned out O.K.  Again...some got it and some did not.  Here is some samples below.  You be the judge....



My goal for next week...dimensional analysis of fudge making and a Mole "POGIL"...I will keep you posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment