Sunday, October 27, 2013

Cool Mole Lab

WHAT AM I DOING TO HELP KIDS ACHIEVE?

HOW DO I KNOW WHEN THEY ARE THERE?

WHAT IS THE EVIDENCE?

     Did a cool mole lab from Flinn Scientific.  I found it through their free elearning series.  It was one by Bob Becker.  Students had to solve conversion problems with moles, find the amounts in the room, measure out the correct amount and then bring it to me and I would check for accuracy.  The closer they got to the correct answer, the better the grade.  They also had to show their work.  It went well and I plan on doing this with Academic with a slight modification as part of their test.  I would encourage anyone to check out the Flinn E-learing series.  It has been a gold mine of teacher tested activities.  The best part is that it is free.  There was a high level of engagement and excitement when the students met their goal and curiosity when they did not.  Here is some evidence below.

  I would give both of these a big thumbs up.  Hope to try it with Academic this week.  I will let you know how it goes....

No comments:

Post a Comment