Sunday, November 30, 2014

Balancing and Particulate models...

WHAT AM I DOING TO HELP KIDS ACHIEVE?

HOW DO I KNOW WHEN THEY ARE THERE?

WHAT IS THE EVIDENCE?

I was a little worried.  We had gone through types of reactions, balancing and predicting and, although I introduced the idea of the particulate level throughout the year, I had not yet hit it hard in this section.  I also did not want to leave it without talking about the particulate level.  So, we looked at a reaction and I asked them to model it.  For the most part, I liked what I saw.  The above picture is a sample response from a table.  They were less concerned with the amounts and more concerned with the "snapshot" of each of the reactants and  products.  At this stage, I will take it.

So now we are heading into stoichiometry.  My goal is to approach it similar to an ICE diagram.  I know they do this in modeling.  The kids balance the reaction, say what they are starting with, what the changes are and what they should end with.  It also helps as we get into equilibrium...it is a nice transition.  I will keep you posted...

No comments:

Post a Comment